TRAFFIC CONTROL PERSON (TCP) (Temporary, Full-Time)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The Engineering Construction Department is looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs vital to our community. The District of West Vancouver has immediate openings for TCPs (Traffic Control Person / Flagger). We are looking for professional and experienced TCPs to join our growing team. This position offers:
Key job duties include:
- Steady full-time work;
- mileage reimbursement $0.61/km (2022 Rate);
- starting wage is $23.00 per hour with an additional 12% in lieu of benefits to make a total of $25.76 per hour;
- all shifts will start and end in West Vancouver;
- a friendly, safety-focused team.
We're looking for candidates who can:
- Directing drivers, pedestrians, and workers to safe routes around road construction sites;
- reviewing traffic management plans;
- setting up and providing traffic control specifications;
- training other site workers about traffic and equipment safety;
- responding to questions from members of the public regarding traffic direction, alternate routes, and driving directions and;
- performing other related duties as required.
Candidates must have:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- follow traffic regulations and safety procedures while adapting to last minute schedule changes;
- communicate effectively and exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with member of the public;
- exercise sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position and operate related equipment and;
- record and maintain records related to the work.
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver's License;
- BCCSA approved Traffic Control Person certification, and;
- access to their own vehicle.
Secondary school graduation plus related work experience would be considered an asset. Please upload a copy of your ICBC Driver's Abstract and Claim's History with your application.
The successful candidates are required to supply an acceptable driver's abstract, claims history, police information check and a copy of their credentials. All District of West Vancouver employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet. Position Status
: Union (WVMEA) - Temporary Full-TimeHours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)Rate of Pay:
$23.00 plus 12% in lieu of benefitsClosing Date: OngoingTo Apply:
Please visit the District of West Vancouver's Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers
to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.