This role is responsible for designing, building, maintaining and advancing data visualization tools and dashboards by collaborating cross-functionally to determine reporting needs, identify data requirements, and develop key performance indicators which play a major role in effective daily management, decision-making and for corporate financial reporting.Job Title
Analyst, Corporate Financial Reporting & Planning Department
Corporate Finance Who we are Our Purpose
is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision
is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values
are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a Analyst, Corporate Financial Reporting & Planning based in Vancouver, BC
. This role is responsible for designing, building, maintaining and advancing data visualization tools and dashboards by collaborating cross-functionally to determine reporting needs, identify data requirements, and develop key performance indicators which play a major role in effective daily management, decision-making and for corporate financial reporting. The Corporate Financial Reporting and Planning Analyst translates data and analysis into usable and informative BI solutions which produce accurate business critical reports and dashboards. This role will also be developing and preparing the monthly and quarterly financial reports to the executive management team and Corix Audit Committee. In addition to managing critical organization data and data systems, turn data into information, and information into insight; the Corporate Financial Reporting and Planning Analyst will be responsible for delivering comprehensive business intelligence solutions, data modeling, financial reporting and analytics to key financial stakeholders. What you'll do
- Prepare the consolidated month and quarterly financial reporting package for the Corix executive management team and Audit Committee.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the Adaptive Insights system and the functionality available to the company-wide financial planning and reporting team.
- Working with both overhead and business unit stakeholders to enhance the use of Adaptive Insights for reporting, forecasts and future budget cycles.
- Responsible for corporate modelling and reporting with Adaptive Insights. \\
- Ad hoc monthly/quarterly/annual additional financial reporting (ex: KPI's, capital reporting, etc.)
- Design, build and maintain reporting, budgeting, and modelling templates within the Corporate Performance Management system.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A, Treasury, Controllership, and the business units in developing on month end variance analysis, management, board and shareholder reporting, and KPIs.
- Prepare and update monthly presentations, industry survey responses and various key company statistical data for management.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Adaptive Insights, and oversee any upgrades, training, system performance management and systems enhancements.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the Adaptive Insights system
- Builds and manages models in Adaptive Insights for all aspects of monthly reporting and the annual budgeting process.
- Identify process improvement opportunities for Oracle and Adaptive Insights.
- Create both financial and nonfinancial reporting packages as well as presentations for senior management and Audit Committee/Board of Directors.
- Assist with both internal and external audits.
- Perform financial and ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you bring Education / Experience:
- 5+ years direct work experience.
- Strong Adaptive Planning system experience, and a demonstrated technology and analytical abilities.
Nice to have
- CPA or MBA, considered an asset.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations available upon request. People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Banking, Finance and Insurance