Position Opportunity - Journeyman Tool and Die Maker
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Langley, British Columbia, Primex Manufacturing Ltd. (Primex) is a molder of plastic injection products. From its roots as a small custom injection molder and through the combination of Primex’s predecessor companies, Vanguard Plastics, Premo Plastics and VPL Enterprises Ltd., Primex has developed broad capabilities in the design, engineering and mold fabrication of a number of proprietary, patented in-house plastic products.
Primex is searching for a Tool and Die Maker to work in the Tool Room of our Plastic Inject Molding Manufacturing Plant. This role requires shift work on the Day Shift (8:00-4:30pm).
This position supports the building & maintenance of Plastic Injection Molds and components, as well as, any jigs or fixtures needed for production or other areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Practice safe machine shop practices and comply with safety standards. Good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times.
- Responsible for fitting and repairs of all existing and new molds.
- Verify conformance of repaired injection molds to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments, consistently working to close tolerances.
- Must be familiar with plastic injection molds or working with plastic molds.
- Read, interpret, and analyze blueprints; determine required machine operations; and consider the finish requirements for a task.
- Operate a variety of machine tools to cut, mill, and grind or otherwise repair work piece to prescribed dimensions and finish.
- Operate crane to move and/or relocate molds to specific work stations/equipment.
- Inspect products and select the correct shop equipment, precision measurement devices and other tools needed for job.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Dismantle and service, repair, fitting, assembling and testing repaired molds for proper operation.
- Documenting of all repairs and engineering change completed on any mold.
- In the process of building tooling, verifies tool designs for feasibility and functionality before completion feeding back any modifications or concerns to supervisor.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Tool & Die Apprentices.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Trade Qualified Tool & Die Maker (completed 5 year apprenticeship)
- Minimum 2 years tool and die making experience, preferably in injection molding environment
- Must be able to operate CNC milling machine, EDM and Manual milling machines.
- Must be able to machine parts by programming, setting-up and operating CNC milling machine.
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English required. Should be able to work on master-cam & solid works.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring equipment
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, teamwork environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Ability to use Grinders, Mills, EDM, and other tooling machines proficiently.
- Ability to read, interprets, and analyzes blueprints.
- Must be highly proactive, customer-focused, trustworthy, and have integrity.
- Ability to work in self-directed team environment required.
- Good vision, hearing, and manual dexterity are required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
- Must comply with all safety programs especially those related to tool/die repair/maintenance and tool/die design such as machine guarding, lock/out, personal protective equipment, fire and electrical safety, and hearing conservation.
- Keeps work area clean and well organized in a 5S manner.
Posted: July 15, 2018
Closes: September 13, 2018