Timekeeping Data Entry Clerk PHSA Vancouver, BC
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills?
Review and process payroll time/flow sheets for designated areas. Pre-schedule exceptions such as; vacation, leaves, shift changes, as per organization policies. What you'll do
What you bring
- Print, distribute, collect, and review daily sign in sheets for completion, approvals, omissions and anecdotal notations. Review Sign-In documents against system-generated work schedules and enter exceptions and adjustments into the payroll computerized program and makes record of changes.
- Check and edit unit/departmental employee schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy and enter data into payroll staff scheduling program. Pre-schedule exceptions such as; vacation, education leave, shift changes, as per organization policies. Enter revisions to existing staff rotations as required.
- Prepare, code and enter patient data into computer; issue new patient identification number where required and identify duplicate record problems; correct errors and omissions in patient demographic data.
- Audit printed reports daily and pull positive cases for priority distribution.
- Obtain or clarify missing or questionable information by contacting appropriate areas and enter missing or corrected information into computer system.
- Receive telephone/fax requests for information and handle the request personally or redirect to appropriate individual according to established procedures. Request and prepare computer print-out for delivery to various Agency departments as required.
- Compare duplicated documents and perform merges by either adding or deleting appropriate data.
- Assign correct personal health numbers to requisitions or reports by selecting from pre-established tables. Identify problems relating to physician numbers, verify corrections by telephone and refer to Data Services.
- Maintain manual files such as cards and slides, and perform associated manual clerical duties when necessary. Respond to routine correspondence and verbal enquiries from medical personnel regarding patient information according to established procedures.
- Prepare documents for mailing by labelling and processing through a folder and inserter machine.
- Deliver and pick-up documents/slides between sections of Pathology Department.
- Retrieve slides from storage areas as required and deliver to appropriate personnel, faxes slide request list to off-site storage facility when necessary.
- Deliver reports to the Mail Room for mailing out.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12, training as a key punch operator and one year's recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 55 w.p.m.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Wage:
$22.98 per hour Location:
Vancouver Hours of work:
0800-1600 Reference number:
#121135What we do
( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.