This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand - an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. We hire for Administration, Clerical, Data entry, Project Coordinators, Business Analysts, Project Managers and so much more. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org Timekeeping Clerk Talent on Demand Vancouver BC Please note: Training will take place on August 11 , 2021
Are you efficient and organized, with strong attention to detail?What you'll do
What you bring
- Enter timekeeping information into the Scheduling & Timekeeping system, check information for accuracy and completeness, and updates data as appropriate in the Timekeeping system. Maintain timekeeping records and submit to appropriate stakeholders.
- Processe content of transaction forms and apply applicable codes in the scheduling & timekeeping system. Track timekeeping exceptions and communicate findings to management.
- Resolve problems identified during daily data edit routines by investigating time entries, completing time coding adjustments to correct errors or omissions, total hours and refer complex issues to appropriate authority.
- Support payroll processes by performing routine calculations and completing documentation for approval. Respond to payroll related inquiries from departments and employees regarding items such as vacation accumulation, leaves, statutory holiday banks, and determine discrepancies, adjusting hours if applicable.
- Participate in improvements to scheduling and timekeeping transactional activities by providing feedback on service improvement and system enhancements.
- Participate as requested in preparation of relevant reference material and documentation to enable consistent application of Timekeeping practices as requested.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, making appointments and maintaining departmental files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12 and two years' recent related experience supplemented by completion of a recognized payroll course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.Job type:
Casual Full-Time Hours
$23.81 + 12.6% in lieu of benefits
Hours of Work:
TOD30072021What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.