Permanent Reference code
:116841 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Ottawa, ON; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
You will be a crucial player in building a world-class Threat Intelligence program that is aligned with our strategic direction in Canada and within the broader global ecosystem.
•Continuously monitor security events globally, both Cyber and Non-Cyber
•Produce high quality written assessments of global security events for clients
•Review and update proprietary Deloitte infrastructure with the latest TTPS, IOC & IOAs. Adding Context to events
•Produce actionable intelligence in support of other Deloitte entities, such as Incident Response and Threat Hunting
•Produce monthly reports based on client requirements
•Attend monthly client meetings either in person or remotely
•Prepared to be on call if requiredAbout the team
Our Threat Intelligence Team is currently seeking a Security Researcher who is self-motivated, energetic, and continuously curious. You will be a key player in building world-class intelligence gathering capabilities and improving our existing Threat Intelligence program protecting Canadian clients & supporting our Global Intelligence capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects and support other teams such as Threat hunting and incident response with real-time Intelligence as well conducting research on threats potentially impacting Canada or our wider client base.Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Proven background in research or intelligence. Previous Military or Law Enforcement experience is a bonus.
- Any combination of threat Intelligence, IT/networking, or information security experience is required.
- Experience with intelligence analysis processes, including Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and closed source intelligence gathering, source verification, data fusion, link analysis, and threat actors.
- Demonstrable investigative and analytical problem-solving skills with a high level of writing proficiency.
- Have previously had or willing to obtain government Secret security clearance
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Prior experience with SIEM solutions, Including Splunk and/or Sentinel
- Possesses in-depth knowledge on queries and logs analysis
- Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
- Desirable certifications include, but not limited to: CompTIA Security+, CEH, CCNP, MCSE, vendors certification such as Cisco, Carbon Black, TrendMicro, Splunk, Qradar, Fortinet, Checkpoint
- Programming skills (Python, Ruby)
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Open Source, Information Security, Network, Cisco, Equity, Technology, Finance