At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job DescriptionJob Summary:
We are looking to hire a talented and motivated Test Engineer to join our Test Team Richmond. The Test Engineer reports to the Test Manager. He/She will work closely with many teams across our business, but especially with the Firmware, Software, Hardware, Quality, Project, and Product Management teams to develop test strategies and plans for our products, ensuring optimal integration of test activities into product development and creating and reporting on test related KPIs. The Test Engineer is driving cross functional testing on system level across Firmware, Software and Hardware including multi-platform, desktop based GUI testing and interfaces seamlessly with the testing efforts, tools and frameworks of the individual functional areas.
The Test Engineer is constantly seeking ways to improve and increase the productivity of the test team and the scalability of our test setups and systems. The Engineer helps guide the test team to be the independent guardian of product quality while at the same time helping enable Agile work flows and close integration into the development teams.Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the test team. Currently 3 Test Engineers and 4 Test Engineer Co-ops
- Onboarding, coaching and mentoring a high-performing Engineering Test team
- Defining test infrastructure and frameworks for automation
- Participating in sprint related meetings in collaboration with the Software and Firmware teams
- Create test plans for new features and products on the Firmware and Software teams as well as ensuring there is sufficient coverage of the entire system
- Help define and report on test related KPIs
- Help drive continuous improvement of test setups, processes, tools and strategies
- Escalation of quality related product deficiencies
- Create a scalable and sustainable test strategy including manual testing, automation and outsourcing
- Help guide a team of Test Engineers through the transformation of establishing a high performing, scalable test organization.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Engineering or Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with software testing, firmware testing and system testing (incl. hardware)
- Several years of hands-on experience with software development, preferably using Agile/Scrum in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills
- Experience with manual and automated testing and test frameworks
- Ability to understand customer use cases and requirements and transform them into test cases
- Quality-first mind-set and a willingness to escalate quality concerns in conflict with business/project goals
- 5 years hands on test experience in agile FW/SW testing and test automation
- Hands-on experience in TDD/BDD
- Experience in testing HW products (system test)
- Experience with testing techniques, methodologies, frameworks and best practices (agile and iterative waterfall)
- Experience with:
- testing embedded firmware products and/or desktop SDKs and GUIs
- testing across multiple platforms (Windows, Ubuntu (desktop and ARM), and macOS) and multiple languages (C++, C#, C, Python)
- Atlassian tools
- Zephyr Scale (TM4J) or similar test management tool
- Jenkins or similar automation server
- Boost Test, GTest, and/or PyTest
- MongoDB or similar database
- Hardware debugging
- Knowledge of Ethernet, USB, and other communication protocols
- Change management
- Revision control and release management
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.