Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA to launch your career or bring your past experiences to a new level and impact. Project Description:
Do you have a passion for software testing? Do you take pride in ensuring that the features you test have little or no customer found defects? Are you passionate about test automation and improving software quality? Come and show us that you can be a strong contributor to MDA&rsquo s Land Administration team in our Richmond, BC office (Vancouver Lower Mainland)!
The Land Administration team builds large solutions for the land administration domain, such as for the management and provision of land and property ownership information. Our customers are worldwide, but include a strong presence in BC. The systems being developed have a client/server architecture and will be used by both back-office staff and directly by customers via a customer web portal.
Our systems are high-availability production systems with large-scale client/server architectures. Usability, reliability, performance and client productivity are key.
Our development methodology is based on the &lsquo Agile&rsquo approach. We&rsquo re using the latest Java technologies (especially open source) and frameworks including: Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Eclipse RCP, XML, Spring-MVC, and both ReST and SOAP based Web Services. Position Description:
We are looking for capable, experienced and driven Software Test Engineers to join our team to help build very large, intricate systems that have significant impact on land administration operations worldwide. This exciting opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your commitment to achievement, your passion for quality, your inquisitive mind that loves solving hard problems, and your strong ability to engage in project-based teams. Responsibilities:
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for verifying and validating (V& V) MDA&rsquo s solutions that drive significant value for our customers.
- Design, develop and execute test cases &ndash both automated and manual
- Write well-documented, reliable and maintainable test cases, scripts and code
- Make automated testing more effective and efficient by intelligently prioritizing what to automate
- Troubleshoot, isolate issues, file defect reports and verify bug fixes
- Proactively plan your work, estimate effort, resolve challenging problems and drive your work to completion while maintaining clear lines of communication with project leadership.
- Generate and manage test data sets and test environments used for formal system testing.
- Review unit software test plans witnesses sell-off of unit software.
- Supports the formal Site Acceptance test execution and issue resolution
- Assist in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment.
- Leverage the existing Automated Testing framework and other industry standard tools and practices to enhance continuous system test coverage and coverage frequency.
- Automate system, functional, integration, regression and performance testing
Technical requirements - some combination of
- A University degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in large complex software engineering projects (ideally using Java technologies).
- Familiar and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a development methodology based on the &lsquo Agile&rsquo approach.
- Able to make technical decisions in consultation and maintain close working relationships with all stakeholders (including customers) throughout a project&rsquo s lifecycle.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas through verbal English, technical writing and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- A keen interest in continuous learning about the Land Administration industry and the technologies and trends that drive it.
- Expertise in software testing best practices, V& V methodologies, coding standards, build processes, DM/CM and revision control systems.
- Experience with integration, security, regression and smoke testing
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, system engineers, architects and other team members
- Experience with automated scripting languages such as Selenium, Cucumber, FIT, FiTnesse, an asset
- Experience testing APIs using SoapUI or similar tools
- Previous experience testing micro services
- Experience using industry standard development and test tools.
- Experience testing in the mobile space is an asset
- Familiarity with leading GIS technologies an asset
- Experience in programming languages including Java, and Python is desirable.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability levelPrimary ActivitiesCandidate Profile