Test Engineer - Verathon®
Verathon® is looking for a Test Engineer to become the newest member of our Research and Development Team located in our Burnaby, BC office. The Test Engineer provides support to the Research and Development team in performing product verification and validation. This role develops and executes protocols, assists in all compliance testing, analyzes test data and reports on findings. The Test Engineer must have a strong aptitude for problem solving and monitoring and reporting on important data in great detail.
- Develop medical device verification and validation test protocols for new products and existing products that are affected by design change.
- Execute test protocols and assist in all compliance testing in the areas of mechanical, electrical and/or software evaluation.
- Possess strong problem solving skill, ability to analyze test data, focus on detail, reconcile incongruities and create protocols and reports the effective verification and validation of products.
- Identify product failure symptoms, work with design engineers, project team leads and immediate supervisor to identify root cause.
- Prepare final test reports, provide critical updates and manage documentation meticulously.
- Set priorities and ensure completion within project schedule.
- Collaboratively work with team members to complete sequence linked environmental, mechanical and electrical testing, inclusive of simulated disinfection and sterilization for patient applied parts.
- Assist R&D team with documentation and other technical activities as required.
- Support VMCA’s Quality Management System that establishes and maintains effective quality assurance processes and compliance to International and Domestic Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma or equivalent in engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in technical field. This position is from junior to intermediate level. Candidates with more related experience will be considered as higher level applicants.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as technical acumen in written communications with focus on clarity, accuracy, detail and concise writing
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and maintain direction and conviction.
- Interested in new technologies, in particular video cameras and LCD displays.
- Extra skills and qualifications as follows is are an asset:
- Previous experience in medical device product testing.
- Familiarity with lab equipment, power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes and other testing tools.
- Familiarity with safety testing, such as hi-pot and leakage current testing.
- Familiarity with FDA and Health Canada requirements on Design Verification and Validation.
- Familiarity with reliability statistics and sample size calculations.
Verathon is a global medical device company focused on supporting customers by being their trusted partner, delivering high-quality products that endure over time and ensure clinical and economic utility. Two areas where Verathon has significantly impacted patient care, and become the market leader in each, are bladder volume measurement and airway management. The company’s BladderScan portable ultrasound and GlideScope video laryngoscopy systems effectively address unmet needs for healthcare providers and meaningfully raise the standard of care for patients. Verathon, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, is headquartered in Bothell, Washington, and has international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.verathon.com.
Posted: September 16, 2016
Closes:November 15, 2016