Join Absolute's Production Development teams and be part of our new testing initiatives. As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be part of an amazing team that is intensely focusing on developing test frameworks and improving our best practices to our Absolute technologies and infrastructures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining test automation strategy, creating test framework and test environments, as well as specialized testing covering the one or more areas of: UI, API, security, system performance, log monitoring, network/protocol analysis, and installation/configuration. You will be required to cross-functionally work with feature teams and assist in defining test strategy and design, and lead execution of tests to achieve strategic goals.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need:
- Defining the test automation strategy and process by working with Parallel Testing Team and engineering teams.
- Designing and implementing automated test tools by collaborating with feature teams.
- Creating and maintaining the test infrastructure for both virtual and physical test environments.
- Developing and maintaining the test framework and process for testing various browsers, different operating systems, (i.e. Windows, Mac, and Linux), and their updates.
- Incorporating automated test progress and status reporting into the infrastructure.
- Ensuring execution of all required compatibility testing for each release.
Why Work For Us?
- 3+ years' experience in software development (Java, Python or C#).
- 3-5 years' experience in building, maintaining, and owning automation test frameworks and strategies.
- Extensive experience in designing and executing automated functional, and non-functional tests.
- Strong expertise in test automation tools such as Selenium, RestAssure, TestNG, JMeter, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with cloud environment such as AWS.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in a scalable development environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, and Docker.
- Experience designing and conducting automation testing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed us too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology