Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML has decided to restructure sales operations and as a result we have identified a need for a Territory Executive for the Americas (North and South America) region. In this position, you are the primary point of contact for existing AML customers (not prospects) within your region. It is your responsibility to maintain frequent-enough contact with customers so that you can:
- Identify and close on opportunities for new instrumentation buys;
- Ensure that previously sold instrumentation is regularly serviced and calibrated; and
- Maximize each account’s ability and willingness to function as an AML advocate in the region.
This position comes with a gross profit target. You will work from our offices in either Halifax, N.S. or Victoria (Sidney), B.C. You are willing to adapt your hours of work to fit with the daily schedule of your target market. Infrequent travel may occur; however, much of your work is done using telephone, email, Skype, and Google Hangouts.
In the position of Territory Executive, Americas you will be accountable for:
- Maximizing gross profit from the AML install base in the Americas;
- Ensuring appropriate contact frequency with all stakeholders at user organizations, including end-users, service managers, purchasing managers, and senior decision-makers;
- Supporting distributors and agents, such that they are able to effectively sell and promote AML instrumentation in region;
- Improving NPS (net promoter scores) of customer accounts in the region, maximizing each account’s ability and willingness to function as an AML advocate;
- Accurately forecasting regional gross profit on a monthly and quarterly basis; and
- Coordinating and implementing regional marketing activities, including trade shows, marketing blasts, etc.
AT AML, we make use of daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to measure, guide, and support progress towards goal. Metrics for this position include:
- Actual gross profit from your accounts;
- Average number of days since last date of contact;
- Net promoter score (NPS) from your accounts; and
- Return-on-spend from your region (gross profit generated from your accounts divided by regional expenses incurred).
Your Competencies & Strengths:
People describe you as curious, independent, quick-to-learn, coachable, an advocate for your customers, and engaged. More specifically, you are:
- Goal oriented: Achievement hungry; Proactive, with a knack for right-to-left thinking (“If I want to get to x by the end of the year, what do I need to do now?”) and the ability to adapt and change when things aren’t going as you want them to;
- A strong communicator: Excellent listening skills; Able to write clearly and succinctly in a manner that logically organizes critical information; A preference for verbal contact over email; Awareness of nuance in email / telephone / Skype / Hangouts; Experience fine-tuning your communication for speakers of English as a 2nd language; Fluent in English with additional skills in Spanish, French, and / or Portuguese;
- Customer committed; People focused, with a talent for creating rapport; Treats customers as friends; Wants to connect and develop relationships with all stakeholders
- Technically minded; Comfortable discussing detailed specifications of engineered products with domain experts; Skilled at identifying knowledge gaps and working with others to fill in the holes;
- Successful; You have a demonstrated track record of achieving your goals; and
- CRM fluent; Data driven, with experience using CRM systems.
You already have had exposure to oceanographic instrumentation like CTDs, multi-parameter instruments, sound-velocity probes, ADCPs, etc. In addition, you have:
- A pre-existing professional network in the oceanographic, hydrographic, and marine survey communities; and
- Education or hands-on experience in the Oceanographic, Environmental, or Engineering domains.