TEO 15R - Intersection Safety Camera Officer Position Classification
Tech Enforcement Officer R15 Union
GEU Work Options
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CASalary Range
$57,296.54 - $64,805.30 annually Close Date
6/8/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
RoadSafetyBC Job Summary Join the leader in road safety for the province
RoadSafetyBC is the lead provincial agency for road safety and is responsible for setting strategic direction and establishing a provincial approach to road safety throughout British Columbia. RoadSafetyBC regulates drivers and operates several programs to help regulate the safe and responsible operation of motor vehicles in B.C.
PSSG Intersection Safety Camera Officers (ISCOs) are responsible for charging all red light and speed camera offences within the Intersection Safety Camera Program and for prosecution of those violation tickets in traffic courts around the province.Job Requirements:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent (GED).
- Work experience in the areas of program administration, public safety, or security.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to:
- Experience providing customer/client service.
- Experience with conflict management and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Experience using databases to enter, update, search, retrieve, or extract information ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Experience working in regulatory compliance or quasi-judicial environment
- Experience in the interpretation and application of legislation, regulations and policy
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Must have valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence
Must be able to successfully complete Standardized Traffic Control Training
For questions regarding this position, please contact Farrel.Janell@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
This position has full time on-site requirements.
This position is located in Richmond. Other locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity.
This competition is to establish an eligibility list at this time for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Services, Compliance and Enforcement, Court and Judicial Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians