Position Summary TENANT SUPPORT WORKER Job ID: 3726 REGULAR / FULL-TIME (UP TO 2 POSITIONS) Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** TENANT SUPPORT WORKER POSITION SUMMARY
The Tenant Support Worker (TSW) is responsible for working with individuals to provide emotional support, develop skills and access resources to increase tenants' capacity to be successful and satisfied in the living, working, learning and/or social environments of their choice. The TSW provides these services directly, or facilitates and co-ordinates tenants' access to services available on the site and in the community. The TSW focuses on strengths and capacities of individual tenants receiving services and supports.
This position establishes positive relationships with a diverse tenant population including people who are at risk of homelessness, fleeing abuse, or challenged with medical, mental health or addictions issues. The TSW helps tenants overcome the various challenges that arise when living in a social housing environment. The position facilitates the development of personal support networks by utilizing supports within communities, family members, peer support initiatives, and self-help groups.
Services provided include crisis intervention, providing information and assistance to meet obligations as tenants and facilitate access or follow through with available site and community resources. The Tenant Support Worker encourages the tenants' use of available social, occupational, spiritual, financial, intellectual, residential, recreational and educational resources to meet their goals, ensuring services are culturally relevant to the individual tenant. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in Community Social Service Worker Program, or Health Care Worker Program or Community Mental Health Worker or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum three years' experience in direct supportive counselling or educational experience with individuals and/or families that face multiple barriers to successful housing.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Sound knowledge of BC Housing and social housing programs, and their role in the social service system;
- Sound knowledge of current social issues such as poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, domestic violence, child protection, etc.
- Sound knowledge of community resources and methods of access;
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and applicable Health and Safety regulations;
- Ability to apply a high degree of discretion in establishing supportive, trusting relationships with tenants while respecting the role and obligations of property management staff according to the Residential Tenancy Act ;
- Awareness of Cultural Diversity;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients;
- Ability to assist groups to develop and co-ordinate community activities and programs;
- Ability to build and maintain professional, confidential relationships with multi-barriered people;
- Ability to work effectively across organizational departments and in a team and partnership context;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, mediation and conflict resolution;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills; and
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and software such as Microsoft Office.