Do you have a heart for seniors and enjoy building into the lives of our wonderful elderly? Menno Place has an opportunity for you! We are accepting applications for a temporary Registered Nurse (FTE 0.73). This line is for evenings/nights.
What is working at Menno Place like? Menno Place is one of BC's largest campuses-of-care ranging from independent living to complex care for 700 senior residents. Menno Place provides Resident and Family Centred Care. The length of service and genuine sense of camaraderie within the team at Menno Home is evidence of the healthy work environment.
This is the perfect position for an RN who 1. Loves and values seniors; 2. Wants to provide leadership in nursing to a team of compassionate caregivers; 3. Is seeking work/life balance and 4. Is looking for continuous career development.
- Assessing needs, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care with accompanying documentation of an individual resident or group of residents,
- Observes symptoms and conditions of residents, modifying care as needs change, and initiating immediate treatment if required. Implements physician’s orders.
- Coordinates admission, discharge, and transfer of residents as required.
- Assumes facility wide clinical and operational responsibilities when designated in charge.
- Acts as a clinical resource to nursing staff, students and other members of the interdisciplinary team by mentoring, demonstrating procedures, answering questions related to clinical practice issues, and problem solving.
- Assumes responsibility for required coordination in the event of an emergency situation as outlined in the Menno Home Fire and Disaster Plan.
- Facilitates resolutions to resident/family/staff conflicts.
- Assists with the collection of information to support Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives.
- Schedules, including staff replacement function, and coordinates the use of staff, equipment, and other resources.
- Creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following Health & Safety rules, regulations and practices, such as Fire, Disaster, WHMIS and Infection Control.
- Investigates accidents and incidents and initiates or completes the required reports.
- Communicates policies and procedure changes to staff.
- Supports new staff in the practice of nursing.
- Acts as the facility resource to resolve operational and clinical questions/issues as they arise for all Nursing Units as required.
- Acts as Occupational First Aid Level 1 Attendant as required.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process for nursing and care staff by providing input to the manager on individual staff performances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the appropriate professional body.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Gerontology certificate preferred.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level I program.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.mennoplace.ca further information please go to www.mennoplace.ca. Those working in Acute Care are welcome to apply! We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
Job Type: Casual