Job Skills / Requirements MISSION STATEMENT:
The Site Supervisor is responsible for leading the security team and ensuring that the security services delivered on site are of a high standard. The Site Supervisor has significant knowledge of commercial security best practices so they understand what needs to be done, and how they can further improve the site.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Security staff assigned to Telus and assist officers with the responsibilities delegated to them.
- Act as a resource for security issues in accordance with Paladin Security Group and Telus standards and requirements and ensure adherence by the security team.
- Manage the site schedule ensuring that all shifts are covered and that training for new employees is organized. This also extends to covering last minute schedule changes due to employee emergencies, etc.
- Conduct investigations into incidents on site as required.
- Ensure all reports are completed, and that each officer submits complete and accurate reports. Follow up with inaccuracies and omissions as required.
- Compile accurate statistics monthly as requested.
- Conduct site orientation and training of new officers, ensuring site orientation packages and officer review tests are completed within the allotted training period.
- Monitor performance and behavior of officers and document/discipline staff where standards are not being met.
- Conduct regular panic alarm system tests, fire extinguisher audits, and lighting audits, maintain records, and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation.
- Perform site patrols and desk duty as well as responding to all necessary calls.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- Knowledge of TrackTik or similar patrolling software
- Liaison with the onsite Telus client
Additional Courses Required within Probationary Period:
- Previous security supervisor experience preferred.
- Proven leadership ability and ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to resolve employee disputes or disciplinary action
- Organization and time management skills.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Supervisor 1, 2, & 3
- Interview Techniques
- OHS Accident Investigations
- Crowd Control Security
- Field Level Risk Assessments
- Introduction to Industrial Security
- JOSHC - Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- OHC Site Specific Safety Binders
- Paladin Lone Worker Program
- Responding to Opioid Overdoses
- Use of Force
Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Law Enforcement and Security Management and Executive