Surrey Police Service is bringing a new era of modern and progressive policing to Surrey. We're building a community-based police service that is responsive and accountable to residents and employees and founded in a strong culture of support and respect. Help us build a new community-focused police service that will support one of the fastest growing and most diverse cities in Canada.
Surrey Police Service has an exciting opportunity for a Telephony Systems Analyst 3 to join our Support Services Bureau team. Primarily focused on communications and telephony systems, the successful candidate will leverage their strong telecommunication experience to support and maintain the integrity of SPS systems and end-point devices. Working closely with telecom providers and other stakeholders, the incumbent will optimize network and voice services including policy-based routing, emergency and non-emergency call management and traffic shaping. Our candidate will draw on experience to develop methods and best practices in designing the voice/ PBX/ VoIP solution and lead the conversion to NG911.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager, the incumbent will:
• Support for a variety of communication systems including wired and wireless technologies.
• Respond to and resolve communications issues, including hardware failures, network outages, and system errors.
• Provide troubleshooting support and guidance to IT staff and end-users.
• Work with various stakeholders to recommend, design, test, and implement system upgrades and improvements to existing systems and processes.
• Analyze data and metrics to identify bottlenecks, vulnerabilities, and areas for improvement.
• Implement and enforce security measures and best practices to protect the organization from threats and vulnerabilities.
• Perform monitoring and maintenance activities in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Preparing and maintaining technical and user documentation including system documentation and SOPs required to support police operations.
• Act as a resource for more junior Systems Analysts.
Our successful candidate will be highly organized and solutions-focused with an ability to think critically and efficiently. They will thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with users, team members, and key stakeholders in supporting SPS’s IT infrastructure and strategic IT priorities.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field by a recognized educational institution supplemented by four years' work experience in a senior systems analyst position, preferably within a policing and/or public sector organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*Experience with VoIP, standard PBX voice (example: Nortel, Avaya), SIP trunking will be considered an asset. Knowledge of federal government NG 9-1-1 initiative is also an asset.
This position is unionized and represented by CUPE Local 402. The hourly rate for this position is $52.69/hr to $59.75/hr, based on 2023 rates.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online to our Careers page by 4:00pm on December 1, 2023. For updates on recruitment opportunities and other Surrey Police Service news, follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Thank you for your interest in working with SPS. We pride ourselves on hiring members that model the mission, vision, and values of SPS through unquestioned integrity and sustaining a visible, credible, inclusive, and respected profile.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech