Join our team!
Our Broadband Networks team is laying the foundation for the future - connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our TELUS PureFibreâ¢ network. Our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team members within Broadband Networks arenâ€™t afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo - itâ€™s at our core. Our mission is to create a connected world where our customers live and thrive and we are seeking enthusiastic people who share our excitement about technology, have a dedication to unparalleled customer service excellence and are dedicated to starting their career. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Telecommunications Technician with our team, you will be responsible for the installation and support of products related to the Future Friendly Home (FFH), home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc., in our customersâ€™ homes. Your priority will be to offer extraordinary customer service while installing and repairing voice and data services: phone, internet, TV, for our residential and business customers. You will also find opportunities to promote and up-sell additional TELUS services and/or products when appropriate.
Are you someone who?
• Takes ownership of every customer interaction, works to find creative solutions and challenges the status quo
• Is inquisitive, passionate about technology, enjoys being part of a team and loves a good challenge
• Regularly advocates for the needs of friends, family and/or causes you're passionate about What's in it for YOU?
Your rewards of starting your career with TELUS include a minimum hourly wage of $22.81, (starting wage will be determined based on your relevant education and experience), annual bonuses and sales incentives. We will offer you best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plans, service discounts and more. You will have the chance to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Positions are currently available in the following locations:
• High Level
• Wainwright Finally, a career you'll love. Notes
• Positions located in Fort McMurray, La Crete, Slave Lake and High Level qualify for benefits under the TELUS Northern Location Policy
• Successful candidates may work in geographic areas where some TELUS customers operate safety-sensitive work sites, e.g. in the Alberta Oil Sands, in order to comply with these customers' safety requirements regarding access to such sites, the successful candidate may be required to undergo pre-access drug and alcohol testing; testing for reasonable cause and post-incident testing may also be required; candidates for this position must be willing to comply with these customer requirements and will be deemed to have consented to such testing
• Qualifications: Youâ€™re the missing piece of the puzzle!
• You are able to provide exceptional customer experiences, overcome objections and handle both favorable and unfavorable customer interactions
• You're comfortable with solutions based selling - recommending products to your customers and up-selling TELUS services and products
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent; a driverâ€™s abstract will be required
• Normal colour vision which is required to work with colour-coded wiring
• Completed a minimum of Grade 11 Math, we'll need your transcripts and/or diplomas
• Handle a physically demanding workload which includes heavy lifting, climbing ladders/poles, crawling in confined spaces and working in all weather conditions
• Flexible to work various shifts: days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, to meet business needs
• Fluent in English, with demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills; fluency in other languages would be a great bonus
• Self-motivated, demonstrate effective decision-making skills and can work with limited supervision
• Mechanical ability and technical proficiency along with an ability to work aloft or on ladders
• Able to plan, organize and thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
• Effectively work in a team environment and collaborate with other departments
• Follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations
• Willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, as required
• Willing to travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters etc. when needed
• Possess strong computer skills
• Exhibit enthusiasm to continuous learning, high performance and have a demonstrated ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations
• Ability to meet applicable testing requirements Great-to-haves
• Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications
• Previous experience in customer service and/or sales Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVâ¢. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesnâ€™t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendlyÂ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.