Technology Security Analyst
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The Technology Security Analyst role builds and supports programs, processes, and applications that secure and protect BCLC technology and information assets in accordance to Cyber Security Policies. This role is responsible for improving and sustaining BCLC's technology and information security posture, supporting projects and business operations by identifying technology and information security risks and recommending appropriate security controls. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Maintains security platforms including Identity and Access Management, End Point Protection, Systems Configuration Management, Deployment Management, and Vulnerability Management systems.
- Performs, documents, and automates processes related to Identity and Access Management, Patch Management, End Point Protection, and vulnerability management.
- Participates in projects as a technical security subject-matter expert, analyzing solutions, processes & infrastructure, and recommending appropriate technical security controls.
- Coordinates technical security activities with business stakeholders, providing information to security governance.
- Provides technical security expertise and support to BCLC's Agile delivery teams.
- Supports the day-to-day security monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
- Conducts and supports vulnerability management activities.
- Analyzes and identifies information security trends.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in computing or equivalent in a related discipline;
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred;
- 3-5 years progressive experience in technology and information security;
- Experience in managing and maintaining at least one of the following platforms: OneIdentity Active Roles Server, PingIdentity MFA and SSO products, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Palo Alto Traps, Entrust mPKI;
- Experience with Security Incident Response considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Technical security skills (Application and OS hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, networking, IDS, firewalls, privileged identity management, etc.);
- Excellent ability to collaborate and manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Deep understanding of information security risk management, controls and compliance;
- Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, file integrity monitoring and database monitoring;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- General business acumen;
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.