Job Description Summary
The Project Manager (PM) position is responsible for managing multi-disciplinary, cross-departmental, technology-enabled projects. The PM will be instrumental in building and maintaining effective relationships with business sponsors and stakeholders for assigned projects. This role has high visibility within the organization, as its contribution will have a positive and far-reaching effect on the business as a whole.
Specifically, you will plan, organize, integrate, and deliver cross-functional technology-enabled projects that are significant in scope and impact. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously utilizing standard project management (PMP) practices, and agile methodologies where appropriate.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, direct and manage all project phases from initial team formation and project planning to successful user acceptance, production rollout and project close-out.
- Lead project initiation - planning project approach; defining scope, objectives, outcomes, schedule and resourcing requirements; establishing manage budget and risks management and mitigation plans - and maintain these plans through the project lifecycle
- Coordinate internal staff and external resources to ensure efficient project delivery
- Prepare and deliver project communications through standard PMI practices such as status reports, dashboards, steering committee meetings, risk mitigation plans etc.
- 2-5+ years' experience managing multi-disciplinary IS projects.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field (MSc, MBA, or PMP a distinct asset).
- Track record of successfully delivering a range of technology-enabled projects including custom development, system evaluations, and/or 3rd party system implementation.
- Proven experience simultaneously managing multiple projects with varying levels of complexity and scale.
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills with proven experience building strong relationships with technology teams, business stakeholders, external partners and executives.
- Proven negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to lead, influence and build motivation and consensus.
- Confident, results-oriented individual with a keen eye for detail.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive