As a senior member of a national team providing operational support to TELUS customer systems, you are a highly motivated and energetic individual with a minimum seven years server administration experience in a Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange (2007/2010/2013). In this role you will be responsible for providing operational technical support in both development and production environments. Responsibilities:
• In this role you will be responsible for system implementation, and the adoption of tools and standard operating procedures
• Implementing and testing patches and system upgrades
• Developing documentation, securing the environment, assuming system responsibilities
• Providing support and resolving technical problems to a customer SLA
• Communicating directly with customers effectively and in a professional manner
• Participate in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve quality or efficiency of problem resolution process
*LI-DS1 Qualifications: Required Knowledge:
• Intermediate to senior knowledge of Microsoft Exchange architecture
• Senior knowledge of MS Windows server systems
• Skilled in server management including capacity planning and monitoring
• Knowledge of MS security including patch and virus deployment
• Strong knowledge of PowerShell
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks
• Knowledge of network concepts such as network protocols, switches, routers
• Experience with cloud based technologies for messaging is an asset Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Driven and team focused
• Able to adapt and acquire new skills quickly
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high paced work environment Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• University degree in related field
• MCSE/MCSA/MCITP certifications are an asset
• Must be able to obtain Reliability Clearance status Required Experience:
• Minimum 7 years server administration experience in a Microsoft Windows Server or Exchange environment
• Previous experience in large enterprise environments is required
• Previous experience in supporting customer hosted servers is an asset
• Demonstrated proficiency in a number of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, ISA, SMTP, File, system management, Remote Desktop Services
• Experience supporting high availability, mission critical infrastructure Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.