Technologist, Municipal Engineering Victoria, BC 2019-07-03
Reference ID: 12177
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Technologist to join our Infrastructure department, located at our multi-disciplinary Victoria Uptown office. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, this position will be responsible for work on municipal projects with a focus on private, public and First Nations clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, municipal roads and land development. As part of the design team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies, and work towards a role with higher responsibilities in a team environment.
• Preliminary and detailed design of civil works for water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works;
• Computer modelling for water, sanitary, and stormwater;
• Construction services including site reviews;
• Proposal development; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
• 4+ years of experience in infrastructure design and land development ;
• Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D software, and Microsoft Word and Excel, is preferred;
• Highly motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic team player;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a flexible attitude are a must; and
• Capable of working independently.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Posted: June 16, 2019
Closes: August 15, 2019