Interested in developing or advancing your career in the automotive industry with one of the Best Employers
and Best Managed Companies
in Canada? As OpenRoad continues to grow, we are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic team players that share the same vision and desire for success as OpenRoad. We are looking for you to join us, to grow with us, and to excel with us!
OpenRoad Auto Group is a one of the largest, and fastest growing automotive retail groups in Canada with 18 brands and 22 locations. We are committed to becoming Canada’s recognized automotive leader in customer service. Our continuous growth and expansion is fueled by our talented and motivated professionals that we see as our most valuable assets.
OpenRoad Auto Group is currently seeking a 4 full-time Licensed Technicians to join The BMW Store in Vancouver. Number of Positions:
Terms of Employment:
$33-$40/hour based on experience
Location of Work:
The BMW Store- 2040 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC V6J 3H5 Benefits:
OpenRoad Auto Group offers group health benefits including medical and dental, upon passing the three (3) month probationary period. Additionally, we offer service & purchase incentives along with great career growth opportunities! ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- To champion OpenRoad’s Climate Goals.
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “RUSH” or “CUSTOMER WAITING”.
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Supervise work of any Apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as required
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
- Must be a fully licensed Technician with BMW manufacture training.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, and ability to provide clean drivers abstract for review.
Red Seal Certification (or equivalent)
Language of Work:
Ability to fluently read, write and speak in the English language Work Experience:
This position requires the applicant to be certified as a Licensed Technician with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of dealership manufacture work experience, inclusive of their apprenticeship. Company Information/ Contact Information:
Business Name: OpenRoad Auto Group Ltd.
Business Address: 13251 Smallwood Place, Richmond BC V6V 1W8
Contact Person: Poonam Sanghera
Please apply directly to our website by using the link provided
Or email resumes to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals. JOIN US AND GROW WITH US! At OpenRoad, we are “Open to a better way”
We thank all those that apply. Only those with the relevant industry experience for the position will be contacted.