UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Dealership: The BMW Store/ MINI Vancouver
Do you want to work on the best cars in the industry? Are you looking to get the best OEM training and be recognized as the best in the business? We would like YOU to join our team at The BMW Store and MINI Vancouver.
We are excited to have an eager and self-motivated individual who is keen to grow with the company. Someone who is driven by their passion for solving problems and fixing cars. We have seen countless high achievers like yourself, rise through the ranks and accomplish incredible things within The BMW Store/MINI Vancouver and OpenRoad Auto group.
Our valued Service Technicians are the backbone of our dealership and because of that we aim to provide all the support required to be successful. We show our commitment to our staff by fostering a safe, inclusive, and fun work environment. By providing, learning opportunities to further your personal growth. A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Working on BMW and MINI vehicles with the opportunity to work on a variety of other luxury brands including Rolls Royce, Bentley and McLaren.
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill-development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work-culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan, tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
- A healthy work life balance - potential to work 4 10-hour shifts
- Unlimited earning potential using a flat rate system and uncapped bonus structure.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked "RUSH" or "CUSTOMER WAITING".
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Supervise work of any Apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal ofhazardous wastes
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as require
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to aManager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a fully licensed Technician.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia driver's license, and ability to provide drivers abstract for review.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians