Technician - Starlight Casino (Full Time, Permanent)
Location: New Westminster, BC, CA
Job Function: Facilities and Technical Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our field staff roles are so unique
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
As a field staff member, you'll have the opportunity to work onsite at one of our partner locations or be mobile - meeting with different stakeholders throughout the day. These roles enjoy a non-traditional work environment with perks like:
- Opportunity to work closer to home
- A large amount of autonomy in your work
- Potential to work at different times/days that better fit your lifestyle
- Lots of variety in your day-to-day work
The objective of the Technician role is to provide technical maintenance and repair to BCLC equipment, ensuring integrity and efficiency in the delivery of casino entertainment. In addition, completion of projects to enhance the player experience as a part of a team or individually is expected. The Technician will develop and maintain working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, Casino Operators and regulatory bodies.
Regular training opportunities will be provided as technology changes with new equipment arrival. BCLC promotes internal growth and has a large suite of educational courses available to learn new skills and upgrade existing skillsets. A robust performance management and developmental program focusing on employee goals is provided with employment. This position may provide service at more than one location, which would involve travel. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Conducts varied and moderately complex technical work related to repairs and maintenance of all casino gaming equipment;
- Assists in customer service and dispute resolution; Contributes to projects to enhance the player experience as a part of a team or individually is expected;
- Collaborates with peers to proactively and reactively resolve both technical and player issues;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, Casino Operators and regulatory bodies;
- Completes regular training courses provided by BCLC;
- Take an active role in professional development provided and focuses on continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- Recognized technical degree or diploma in electronics or technology support;
- 3 to 4 years of previous technical (hardware) experience or a related background is preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered;
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and apply internal control concepts, verifications and procedural review requirements;
- Ability to compile and analyse information and make informed decisions;
- Ability to be effective working as a part of a team and individually;
- Organizational skills that include attention to detail;
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters with integrity and a degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite.
- Develop an understanding of Casino operation and associated repairs;
- Develop an understanding of Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the gaming systems and modules, the communications rack and its functionality
- Ability to work flexible hours (shift work);
- Ability to work at multiple locations within a set region;
- Ability to lift 25kg is required.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Operations and Logistics