New B Innovation is dedicated to the discovery and development of advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we have been transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs.
We are currently searching for a Production Technician to join our team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will perform a variety of production activities in a commercial manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for preparing and running an efficient production process which ensures the quality and safety of our products, in a clean-room manufacturing facility. To be successful in this role, you will be a quick learner who works well with others, is detail oriented and follows direction accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in initial and continuing training.
- Performs hands-on execution of manual and automated processing/cleaning operations. Equipment includes but not limited to Parts Washer, Autoclaves, IV bag filling machine, bioreactors, different filtering systems designed with CIP/SIP and material handling devices. Manual activities include equipment cleaning, room sanitization, equipment assembly and component replenishment.
- Immediately reports to manager any conditions (relating to plant, equipment or personnel) that may adversely affect the products.
- Participates in the validation of production process and equipment.
- Verifies the performance of all calibration and verification checks on production equipment.
- Keeps production areas clean and organized at all times.
- Reports deviation(s) immediately and participates in the investigation process as needed.
- Assures strict compliance of company policy and cGMP regulation while performing duties in Production Section under cGMP system.
- Carries out and monitors assigned production and material storage activities.
- Executes approved SOPs, Batch Records and in-process control strictly.
- Records all required information and data in Batch Record and log books timely, accurately and completely.
- Immediately reports any change of his/her health conditions to Production Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Aseptic techniques in a controlled and classified environment is preferred, but not required.
- Prior GLP experience and/or prior mixing/filling experience in an aseptic core is an asset.
- A post-secondary degree in a scientific discipline, or prior industry experience.
- Strong math and reading comprehension skills, basic computer skills.
- Must be able to lift approx. 25 lbs.
- Self-motivated to meet goals and objectives.
- Works effectively and productively with others.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstance and new challenges.
- Planning/Organizing using logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position will be required to work flexible shifts (involving evenings, nights and weekends), sometimes at short notice. Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination will be required for regulatory purposes.
Why Join NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today.
We sincerely thank you in advance for your interest and application, however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.