Closing Date: May 28, 2023
Reporting to the Environmental Engineer/Specialist, the Technician, Environmental Monitoring provides reliable, quality assured environmental data to Teck Metals Ltd. for government agencies and other external parties.
Please note: This position will require the incumbent to participate in a rotating on-call scheduleResponsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Collect and prepare environmental samples for analysis to accepted government standards, Teck procedures, and industry best practice
- Apply specialized knowledge and skills to set up and perform stack, flue and groundwater monitoring to accepted government standards and written Teck procedures
- Perform calculations from analytical results and field collected parameters; maintain record-keeping systems including securely recording and retrieving
- Prepare and submit environmental data and reports to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain testing equipment
- Provide guidance to operations in regard to Environmental Management
- Assist in development of sampling procedures
- Formal post-secondary education from a recognized technical school in environmental sciences or completion of formal training courses in environmental sciences
- Experience relevant to the Teck Trail Operations Environmental Department or equivalent stack or effluent sampling experience
- Good knowledge of Trail Operations processes and of the air, sewer and effluent systems are essential
- Good communication skills along with the flexibility to undertake multiple tasks and work effectively within a team environment are necessary
- Proficiency in the operation of computers using various on-line, database and spreadsheet software and a good understanding of the Environmental PDE System is required
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- No fear of heights is required as taking samples from high elevations is necessary
- There will be the requirement to occasionally lift heavy sampling equipment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Testing, Engineering, Mining, Energy, Technology
Construction, Mining and Trades