Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Job Function: Facilities and Technical BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work.
Location: Burnaby, BC
This is a Permanent, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $59,982.00 - $74,975.00 - $93,719.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. The Team
Our Operations teams are what make it all happen! They ensure our business is operating efficiently so we are able to meet our financial targets across each line of business and that no matter your game, everything is running with a high degree of integrity, efficiency and with our players top of mind. From Player Experience & Strategy, Gaming Platforms & Operations to Facilities, this group loves to execute and are dedicated to their craft. Our casino technicians are a very collaborative group, are supported by a wide range of stakeholders and a robust onboarding program. The Role
Our technicians provide the technical expertise to maintain our casino gaming equipment in our casino facilities, deliver an exceptional experience for our players when they encounter issues and ensure we are leveraging our product to drive value for both our service providers and BCLC. Technicians collaborate and build trusting relationships with internal & external stakeholders. In larger facilities, you will assign work to others, while in smaller locations, you will operate independently. This position reports to a Manager of Business Operations and may require occasional travel to a secondary location within the region. What you will accomplish
What will make you successful
- Complete projects to enhance player experience , perform repairs and maintenance that ensures integrity on all BCLC gaming equipment
- Resolve incidents contributing to sensitive player complaints with diplomacy and tact
- Complete assigned duties and contribute towards a high performing casino environment that will excite and delight our players with high revenue machines placed in prime locations
It would be awesome if you also had
- You will problem solve to ensure all BCLC gaming equipment is in good working condition and operational
- You will provide customer service and investigate incidents related to player complaints
- You will execute project plans and move machines within the casino environment, collaborate on team projects and be able to lift 25kg yourself in a safe manner
- You will stay relevant with evolving technology with the various gaming equipment
What's in it for you
- A strong aptitude for troubleshooting issues related to computers or electronic equipment.
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewards here
Operations and Logistics