December 4, 2022
Teck is looking for two experienced Technicians to join our team at our Trail Operations, one of the world's largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes.
Reporting to the Group Leader, Analytical Services, the Technician, Analytical Services provides analysis using optical emissions spectrometers, LECO C/S analyzer, calorimeter, alpha detectors, ICP-OES instruments, and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
A 4 x 4 shift (days and nights) schedule is in effect for this position.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work in a variety of sections to meet changing work requirements or priorities
- Participate as a member of a team under the direction of a Senior Technician in special projects and method development projects aimed at extending the capabilities and service supplied by Analytical Services
- Conduct routine and assigned quality control tasks to maintain accuracy of results
- Use knowledge of Analytical Services and assaying procedures to train other technicians and trainees
- Recognize interferences between elements and take action (complexing, removing); using instrumental principles to optimize sensitivities during instrument set-up
- Enter results into the LIMS for direct reporting to Operations; report unusual conditions directly to customers
- A graduate with a B.Sc. in Chemistry, BC Certified Assayer or graduates of a two-year chemical sciences program (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years' experience in an industrial laboratory is required
- Experience in an ISO accredited laboratory would be a preference
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Chemical Research, Laboratory, Social Media, Mining, Engineering, Science, Marketing
Construction, Mining and Trades