We are searching for an experienced technical writer to create and maintain a variety of technical documentation for web applications. You will work closely with our product development team and a small team of technical writers.
• Write technical documentation about web-based software applications for a variety of audiences with different levels of technical ability.
• Work independently to research, collate, structure, organize, and produce technical documentation that is web and print-based.
• Work collaboratively within the development and technical writing teams to produce clear, accurate, and comprehensive documents that meet the needs of each audience.
• Experience with Madcap Flare or other single-sourcing authoring tools.
• Familiarity with writing single-sourced content for multiple output types using topic-based authoring.
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML.
• Skilled in information design, organization, and chunking.
• The ability to simplify and communicate complex ideas in an understandable format.
• The capacity to work, troubleshoot, and solve problems independently.
Would love to see:
• Diploma/certificate in technical writing.
• 2-3 years of experience as a technical writer in the software industry.
• Knowledge of source control and issue-tracking software.
• Experience in an agile software development environment.
• Knowledge of web development, networking, and web-server configuration.
• Familiarity with documenting APIs and SDKs.
Samples of technical documents that you have created.
Connect with employer:
About Latitude Geographics
Hundreds of organizations around the world rely on Geocortex software by Latitude Geographics to design, develop and maintain web-based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over ...