We are looking for a permanent full-time Technical Support Technician to add to our Technical Support Department. The role reports directly to the VP of Research & Development. Our perfect candidate is a highly technical professional with impeccable customer service skills and a minimum of 3 years of expereince in a technical support capacity for either a software or a manufacturing company. The role is a unique blend of technical support and quality assurance duties that allows our technical support technicians have a direct impact on our products through high quality customer support, product testing and issue resolution.
Amongst many benefits our company offers there are:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
Here are the main responsibilities of the job:
- Front line Tier 2 Tech support to incoming calls from our dealer network, mostly on the phone, and some by e-mail
- Test and verification of firmware and software within our QA department.
- Fully understand the Reliable Controls product line, including software and hardware products.
- Use this knowledge to help people less educated on the products.
- Support internet connectivity setup issues, creation of WAN’s with routers and Reliable’s IP based products.
- Work with internal technical staff to identify potential product issues.
- Troubleshoot problems by replicating, visualizing and analyzing each problem.
- Document trouble tickets, and maintain a database of support issues.
- Understand the application of the software so that all elements of the application can be properly tested.
The qualifications for the role are:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support capacity
- Experience with MS Server and MS Windows application support.
- A Diploma/Degree in Information and Computer Systems, networking or electronics
- Outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Strong software and computing background is necessary
- Solid Understanding of IP networks and networking technologies
- Ability to accurately log, track and manage support calls
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Background in electronics, HVAC controls industry, IT or related trade would be a bonus.
Posted: September 30, 2016
Closes:November 29, 2016