Located in Elford, BC our Client requires an experienced Technical Support Representative
As the Heavy Equipment Technical Support you are responsible for assisting with the development and management of projects, budgets, plans and schedules relating to mechanical, electrical and welding assignments. The position ensures field and shop activities involving maintenance, repair and fabrication of mining equipment are conducted in a safe, efficient and economical manner. A key responsibility is to evaluate projects according to the plan and assisting tradespeople in repair procedures and techniques when problems are encountered.
• Follow Up Factory Campaigns • Assists in developing project plans, priorities, budgets and schedules ensuring full compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines and procedures. • Oversees field and shop operations. Coordinates improvements through mechanical supervision. • Takes corrective action to improve job results by consulting with the project supervisor and General Foreman. • Coordinates sublet work though other trades and shops. • Supports branch safety programs. • Continuously looking for improvements for the customer.
• Serves customers by providing information and resolving technical problems. • Resolves problems by asking questions and clarifying customer’s concerns; determining the cause of the problem; explaining the best solution; making the correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution • Attend monthly JoiFUL meetings, daily mine meetings as required, quarterly meeting support • Leads task force committees on product issues
• Prepares customer reports as required • Documents and communicates observations of customer equipment • Prepares reports (i.e. Field Service Reports) as required • Completes daily reports (i.e. Equipment Down or update)
• Stay current with available technical information • Provide technical training for industry-specific needs • Provides technical support to ensure the success of both the preventative and predictive maintenance programs. • Facility and equipment maintenance, repairs, experimental setups and improvement modifications. • Reviews equipment preventative, vibration and oil analysis programs as appropriate to maximize benefit.
The successful candidate will possess a Journey-man certification in a relevant trade or be a Professional Engineer or have an Engineering Technologist Diploma with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in repair, maintenance, and fabrication of heavy equipment. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills for maintenance, repair, and fabrication of heavy equipment • Knowledge of OH&S regulations and equipment inspection requirements are assets • Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills • Exemplary interpersonal skills including the abilities to influence others and engage other resources • Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your updated resume in MS Word format. Thank you for applying.