TEKMAR CONTROLS - BUSINESS OF THE YEAR, VERNON BC CANADA
The Technical Support Manager is responsible for planning, leading and executing the Technical Support Engineering Team activities, to ensure proper product application and customer satisfaction. The individual focuses on building a strong technical team and developing & implementing the necessary tools to provide unsurpassed technical support. The role requires to create, develop and implement new processes to efficiently support the market.Position is on site, physically located in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accountable to develop and execute the strategy and direction to support the organizations goals and objectives.
- Builds, develops and manages the Technical Support team to support pre and post sales efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring internal staff is properly trained to support application design, installation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- Ensures brand loyalty through effective communication with customers regarding product information, brand image and brand promise
- Performs voice of customer (VOC) initiatives for application / product / service / process improvements and provides solid proposals to the New Product Development process to ensure proper solutions are provided to the customer.
- Establishes key performance indicators (KPI) measuring customer satisfaction and support effectiveness to make the necessary improvements
- Develops and implements the necessary tools and materials to provide efficient and effective customer support experience
- Responsible for creating and delivering technical training material to ensure customers possess the proper understanding of the applications, operation, installation and troubleshooting of the products
- Manages and communicates effectively with the distribution channels and with customers to ensure closure to all labor claims and maintains detailed documentation and management approvals
- Provides input to the risks associated with the recall process to ensure the customers are protected against potential issue, while maintaining confidence within the market place
- Works closely with other disciplines in Product Management, Engineering, Quality and IT internally and other Watts enterprise global business units to align communication, develop processes and improve best practices.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Focus on the Customer
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Provide technical expertise
4. Deliver High Quality Work
5. Drive for Results
6. Collaborate Across Workgroups
7. Initiate Positive Change
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred or applicable practical field experience with strong technical understanding mainly in HVAC applications.
- Required to manage multiple technical direct reports
- Ensure company policies are followed
- Enforce company safety policies
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of experience with leading technical teams in a customer support environment
- 3+ years of HVAC control experience preferable in Hydronic applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on great customer service
- Strong process development/deployment skills within an organization.
- Proactive, creative work style and a self-starter
- Excellent computer skills required; advanced level in MS Office & Visio
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking skills
- Position is required to be physically in Vernon, BC.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of IoT-connected systems and comfortable with new emerging technologies
- Understanding of electronics and high-tech manufacturing processes
- Relevant technical experience in Residential or Commercial HVAC systems with a focus on Automation and Control Systems
- Developing and delivering high quality training material tailored to different levels of technical depth and disciplines
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
How to Apply
- Works in an office/laboratory environment and in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas
- Alternate between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Able to travel into the United States and Europe (up to 30%)
- Must have a valid driver's license
Interested applicants please send in a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Our Company's Job Portal at - http://www.wattswater.com/careers
Search Vernon BC Canada > "Technical Support Manager" job postings and upload your resume.
Mail or drop off resumes are also welcome to: Attn: Human Resources | Tekmar Control Systems | 5100 Silver Star Road | Vernon, BC | V1B 3K4 .