Information Technology Canada
Are you passionate about Software Security?
At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we've been doing it for over 20 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to support our customers and learn cutting edge technologies in the dynamic software security space.*Willing to hire the right candidate in Vancouver or Ottawa.
- Having a strong customer service focus with the commitment to excellence and desire to delight customers and being a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience
- Solving technical problems and delivering an experience so profound that customers love using our products and services and actively recommend them to others
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem solving strategies to solve for customer issues and continuously improve our processes
- Handle customer complaints and escalations (via phone, email, remote desktop) by talking to customers directly.
Experience And Skills
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of IT Security concepts, including antivirus, networking and encryption technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone and email
- Ability to handle escalated calls while using good judgment to make sound recommendations
- Advanced computer skills and 4 plus years (Level 1) or 7 plus years (Level 2) including but not limited to: Active Directory, SQL, Networking, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Linux/Unix, Mac, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server Administration, including Domain Controllers, Active Directory, IIS and SQL
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the following concepts: Security, Cloud, Data protection, Encryption, Malware, Spyware, Cyber Security, Firewalls, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems
Education and Certification
- Experience with remediation of malware/viruses/Trojans
- Experience of installation and configuration of Mac OS, UNIX or Netware.
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manger and/or VMWARE
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- Preferred: CompTIA Security+, Network+, MCP or MCSE certifications
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.