Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our Burnaby office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers. The Support Engineer is an escalation point for Fortinet partners and will also interface with QA and engineering to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing. Job Responsibilities:
Job Experience Required:
- Troubleshooting on the core Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer system information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide Customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment; work to isolate and solve problems; recommend potential new solutions.
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case; conduct and lead customer management meetings regarding escalation
- 5+ years' experience in a technical support or system administration role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Deep working knowledge of operating systems -- Windows, OSX, Linux
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience with security products -firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, virus scanning -- endpoints and networking.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting endpoints and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
Posted: February 18, 2018
Closes:April 19, 2018