Technical Support Engineer 2 (AMCS432)
Reference ID: %7B39B275FF-1B96-4F2F-9EA8-E5A81E1087DE%7D
Customer Service and Support
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com .
Fortinet is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer II to join our Vancouver office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers. The L2 engineer is an escalation point for Fortinet partners and L1’s that require further assistance when experiencing technical issues with Fortinet products. The L2 will also interface with the L3 team, QA and engineering to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing.
The ideal candidate is not only technical, but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the products that we support in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
• Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
• Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis mof packet trace information
• Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
• Provide Customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc…
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment; work with L3 support to isolate and solve problems; recommend potential new solutions.
• Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
• Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case; conduct and lead customer management meetings regarding escalation
Job Experience Required:
• At least 3+ years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
• Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
• Strong English skills both written and verbal.
• Strong Spanish or Portuguese skills, both written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
Posted: October 18, 2016
Closes:December 17, 2016