At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri's ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company's culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
Our product support team is a group of highly skilled analysts who provide B2B support, informed advice, and insight for VertiGIS Studio Web-based Mapping applications to our clients and partners around the world.
This challenging role involves a low volume of requests per day (approximately 15-25). Resolution involves technical and often complicated solutions that require research, code analysis, systems analysis and/or lengthy remote support sessions with our highly skilled customers.
- Provide world-class support services to our diverse and competent customer base; from GIS professionals to IT experts.
- Work directly with our customers and partners, via phone and email, to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to a VertiGIS Studio or Geocortex implementation and the prerequisite infrastructure.
- Provide consulting to customers on how best to achieve their goals with VertiGIS software. This includes analysis and implementation of their requirements.
- Track and manage support activities using Zendesk and NetSuite.
- Actively participate with customers via our online VertiGIS Community. Contribute to our forums, knowledge base and code gallery to foster vibrant online relationships with our customers.
- Work with the Development and Quality Assurance teams to advocate on behalf of our customers.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for technology; with an eagerness to solve complex software issues. You like to solve a puzzle, even if sometimes there is a piece or two missing.
- A genuine dedication to customer care/service. You truly like to help people, and find it makes you happy when you make a customer happy.
- Excellent technical and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with Windows operating system configuration.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies with minimal supervision.
Would love to see :
- Experience providing remote software support for an integrated enterprise level software solution.
- Experience supporting a web-based software application suite.
- Practical experience configuring enterprise software to work with Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Experience with any of: Zendesk, Azure DevOps, C#, .NET and Python.
- A clear understanding of GIS and cartographic theory and related applications.
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
- Post-secondary background in computer science or equivalent experience.
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas-and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field-people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (with lunch included)
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
Apply now: https://vertigis.bamboohr.com/careers/97?source=aWQ9MTI%3D
We're a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We pay well, reward top performers, and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we've built our business based on steady, sustainable growth - we're still growing and our future is bright! Note:
To avoid potential formatting issues, we recommend that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Customer Service and Support