Technical Support Analyst
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for defining Team Member facing hardware standards, and for working with team members, vendors and suppliers to ensure hardware, applications and related technologies options are appropriate. The Technical Support Analyst is also responsible for managing the design, implementation, installation and support of the environments for all office and field locations.Responsibilities
Planning, Development and Project Support
- Technical support and system maintenance
- Respond to, track and report team member's break/fix, service and access requests in a timely manner.
- Install, configure and provide 2nd tier support for team member technology devices, tools and software solutions in both corporate and remote operational locations.
- Build and maintain all Windows desktop images according to industry best practices.
- Automate the deployment of images and applications.
- Configure and support workstations in a Windows networked environment.
- Configure and support printers in a Windows networked environment.
- Configure and support industrial handheld devices.
- Support VoIP Telephony and Video Conferencing.
- Install hardware and networking equipment.
- Participate in the commissioning of the technology infrastructure for corporate office location and new operational locations for Stores, warehouses and retread plants.
- Manage and administer team member devices and productivity-related technology solutions such as telephony systems, printing / scanning / faxing systems and video conferencing systems.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with vendors and service providers
- Adhere to the established processes and procedures within the IS Department.
Documentation of processes and technical specifications
- Participate in the planning of IS-related activities and tasks related to new Kal Tire operational locations.
- Initiate and direct the capacity planning and development of long-term strategies for team member hardware, software and productivity solutions.
- Work closely with team members from other IS Departments and contractors to ensure installations, upgrades or other changes occur in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Lead projects when requested, including defining project requirements, project plan, task lists, milestones and phases.
- Own project progress by tracking activity, publishing progress reports and taking action when required to resolve problems.
Provision of expertise
- Create, update and maintain reference documentation relevant to each location's IS configuration for use during future changes or technical support activities.
- Maintain clear and detailed documentation for all core responsibilities and associated technologies.
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members.
- Prepare and deliver informative, well-organized presentations and communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 2 years' experience providing technical support in a domain environment.
- Experience supporting Windows Operating systems.
- Experience with some of the following:
- Software and Operating System Deployment.
- Computer hardware support.
- Software support.
- Thin Clients.
- Industrial Windows Mobile Devices.
- VoIP telephony systems.
- TCP/IP-based networks.
- Switch and router configuration and troubleshooting.
- Networked, medium to high volume printers.
- Remote Support Software.
- Call Tracking Software.
- Mobile Device Management.
- Application Virtualization.
- Active Directory
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Sound troubleshooting skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Leadership skills.
- Skilled in liaising with teams to coordinate activities of business, technical and vendor stakeholders.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of business applications and technology standards in an enterprise environment.
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
About Kal Tire
- Travel to Kal Tire locations.
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Valid BC driver's license
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.