We have exciting career opportunities for proven Technical Software Manager
to join our teams. This will be an exciting opportunity to work with our customers and projects teams, demonstrate technical and organizational leadership, and assume significant ownership of the project from project initiation through to successful delivery.
The Project Engineer's prime responsibility is the efficient and sound technical implementation of the project including full technical planning and ultimate delivery of the system. The Project Engineer is responsible for all aspects of technical planning and execution, the leadership of the technical team, and delivering a high quality system compliant with its requirements and meeting the customer's operational needs. Day-to-day responsibilities include management of the technical team, customer, and subcontractors as well as execution of signed contracts and budgets. The Project Engineer has an ongoing concern for technical quality and adherence to the contractual scope of the contract.Primary Activities
Responsibilities include leading a project technical team of consisting of system engineers, software engineers, technical subcontract managers, analyst/subject matter experts, ILS engineers through all phases of the project. The Technical Software Manager
develops the system engineering plan and executes it assuming overall responsibility for technical, budgetary and schedule aspects within allocated scope. Excellent internal and external communication and leadership skills are necessary in order to work closely with customers, prime contractors and subcontractors, to obtain the support from MDA Senior Management and other departments, and to develop a strong, well-motivated project team. Other responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the provision of high-quality deliverables i.e., the delivery of a complex system and services meeting stated requirements and a customer's operational needs
- Working closely with a Project Manager, providing regular status and performance reports, proactively identifying problems and raising issues with appropriate timeliness and priority, while also identifying creative solutions
- Supporting a Project Manager at internal and external meetings and reviews includes preparing and delivering presentations
- Establishing and managing a motivated and efficient project organization while providing technical direction to the project team.
- Selecting a project life cycle model establishing the technical solution and project engineering execution process (development and test approach) while assuring conformance to company standards
- Controlling (planning, scheudling, and budgeting) all project work inan effective and cost effective way
- Leading and managing key decisions pertaining to all aspects of a system design
- Managing design integrity and compliance with requirements specifications and business needs
- Managing the scope of work and customer expectations through the interpretation of Statement of Work and the system requirements in the context of a fixed scope, fixed schedule, and fixed price contract
- Ensuring technical solutions to engineering problems are cost-effective while maintaining established quality objectives
- Managing programmatic and technical risks, metrics collection and a Technical Performance Measure (TPM) process
- Functioning as the customer's main point of contact for all project technical issues
- Portraying personal and corporate technical credibility to customers
- Providing assessments of team and staff performance
- Exploring and assessing technological change relevant to the system and services being developed
- Identifying and incorporating potential technology advances aligning with established longer-term program and corporate goals
- A university degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Science, or Science from an accredited institution
- Ten or more years of relevant project engineering experience with a strong understanding of execution processes covering initial requirements definition through final commissioning
- 6-10 years experience in large complex development projects. Experience with large complex software systems is an asset
- Experience demonstrating application of specific relevant Domain Knowledge is desired, but not required- however a successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a keen interest in learning and working in the relevant domain
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and technical execution strengths
- Persuasive yet diplomatic, retain excellent negotiation skills, and committed to success
- Proven ability to focus on the customer, understand their needs and deliver results
- Extensive knowledge of the full system of product lifecycle, the system engineering discipline, and how the system engineering discipline is applied successfully to each phase
- Possess progressive analytical skills and innovative systems-level solutioning capabilities required for defining and managing large, complex, mission-critical systems
- Capable of defining and organizing personal day-to-day work with the ability to prioritize tasks, execute or delegate effort as necessary, and maintain close working relationships with Senior Systems Engineers
- Capable of planning and managing the technical engineering effort and gauging competing, complex, an inter-related work priorities are correctly assessed and acted on
- Experience in establishing budgets, schedules, and making technical decisions in consultation
- Experience allocating and using funds, assigning resources, and identifying effective technical solutions within budgetary limits for project-related work
- Experience with supporting business development and working with potential customers
- Experience with project planning and management tools, such as Microsoft Project
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the required level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.