MDA has a great opportunity for a Technical Recruiter
who has a proven track record in corporate recruiting. You will be a creative and resourceful recruiter on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for a variety of positions across Canada at our Corporate Head Office. To achieve success in this role, you will need to be experienced, driven, agile and willing to challenge the status quo. You will also have the opportunity to support the HR team with HR projects.
We are looking for someone that has a true passion for people, understands how to create value and has a demonstrable track record of delivering superior hiring results.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, and the Technical Recruiter is responsible for assisting in the Talent Acquisition strategy and operational plans and works in partnership with Business Leaders. Primary Activities
- Acts as a Technical Recruiter for leaders and leadership teams to hire high caliber candidates.
- Advocates for the talent agenda within the business, building knowledge and networks of talent, integrating talent with other HR processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development, and learning) and promoting the flow of talent across other business units across the group, where appropriate.
- Sourcing top talent using a variety of methods including job postings, social media, networking, referrals, career fairs, campus visits and direct sourcing/cold calling.
- Prescreen candidates by phone, conduct interviews, make recommendations and coordinate interviews with hiring managers.
- Provide excellent customer service to candidates, give feedback, build pipelines.
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure recruitment needs are met, communicate updates to hiring managers and the HR team.
- General administrative duties - maintaining accurate files, preparing offer letters, references and background checks
- Diagnoses and specifies HR needs of the business and functions by understanding the service delivery model and key HR processes.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in an HR and/or Talent Acquisition role.
- Experience working with a high volume workload of requisitions in a complex, highly matrixed organization.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to independently.
- Proficient technological knowledge of - MS Office, ATS, LinkedIn, various job boards.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills, coupled with the ability to work with key stakeholders.
- Experience deploying best in class Talent Management processes and approaches including identification of high potentials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Ability, tenacity and drive to navigate through ambiguity and deliver relevant solutions effectively.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.