MDA is a leading provider of land information solutions including land title registries and digital cadastral mapping solutions for medium to large jurisdictions. Land Administration involves the range of systems and processes that apply localized rules of land tenure. Supporting the functions of Surveying and Mapping, Land Registration, and Land Valuation, these information systems provide the foundation for stable investment, efficient government, and property tax generation. Position Description:
MDA is seeking a Technical Business Analyst for our Richmond, BC office (Vancouver Lower Mainland) that is primarily accountable for the creation and ownership of internationally competitive solutions with a focus on supporting pre-contract business development activities. The successful candidate has the right blend of understanding business operations, the land administration domain, the customer needs and advanced information systems and technology. These diverging concerns are brought together in a structured manner to determine the best solution that satisfies the business needs and delivers the greatest value.
The successful candidate will lead the overall solutioning for MDA, spending significant time understanding our customer, working closely with their experts, and translating their needs into the winning business and technical solution. Requirements:
As a Technical Business Analyst for Land Administration Systems, you:
- Are a conceptual and strategic thinker, operating in the total solution space, with significant experience in the land title registry and digital cadastral mapping domain. This includes:
- Understanding the social and economic significance of this domain for both developed and developing nations including first nations or indigenous peoples.
- Understanding the legislative and regulatory framework
- Possessing knowledge and experience regarding the evolution of this function within society particularly the evolution of cadastral survey and mapping.
- Have deep knowledge of the business processes and technologies that support the Land Administration domain and its delivery of services:
- Land Surveying
- Field survey and its methodologies, types, accuracies, and common practices,
- Survey plan generation and validation process,
- Parcel life cycle and maintenance,
- Survey aware data models.
- Spatial Data and Geographic Information Systems
- Geospatial data management, reference frameworks and transformations,
- Spatial data analysis, operations and representations,
- Geodetic and cadastral tie network management and adjustment,
- Industry standards for data, formats (GIS and CAD), and OGC web services.
- Provision of services to stakeholders
- Services for government agencies and industries,
- Services for general public access.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working extensively with clients, partners and project team members, building effective and lasting relationships.
- Lead the necessary discovery and definition work to understand and capture the:
- Problem space and the degree of change within the customer organization,
- Vision and business case for the solution sought by the customer,
- Priorities, constraints and stakeholder needs the solution must address.
- Engineer the &lsquo best solution&rsquo and align it with the customer priorities:
- Develop solutions that are innovative and cost effective,
- Develop solutions that fit within existing frameworks and organizations,
- Evaluate potential partner, supplier, and competitor offerings,
- Lead required studies: proof of concept, feasibility, make versus buy, trade-off,
- Support development of programmatic approach to deliver the solution,
- Lead structured reviews of materials that describe the solution.
- Are proficient in the following System Engineering activities:
- Analysis and development of capability requirements at the customer-level,
- Modelling of business processes, rules and workflow,
- Analysis of required system performance and life cycle support,
- Identifying the detailed technical artifacts used to establish baselines.
- Have significant experience defining winning technical solutions and authoring proposals:
- Developing cost estimates for technical solutions.
- Balancing scope, schedule, budget and resources on assignments, and incorporating these constraints in the solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Education and Experience
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others.
A University degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Science, or Science from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor&rsquo s degree and 15 years&rsquo experience, Master&rsquo s degree and 10 years&rsquo experience or PhD with 5 years&rsquo experience, or established combination of education and experience in systems engineering.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the required level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPrimary ActivitiesCandidate Profile