160095 Position Title:
Senior Technical Artist 2 External Description:
EA Create is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous, and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths and overcome challenges with tenacity and determination. We look for the best in everyone.
In partnership with Motive Vancouver, we are seeking a Technical Artist (Procedural Workflows and Generation) to join a pre-production team developing a New IP. We are looking for a candidate who can work on-site in at our Vancouver studio in Burnaby, BC for the duration of the project (from pre-production to product launch.) Applicants must be able to fulfill these job responsibilities:
● Research and drive the exploration of potential solutions for Content Creation Problems as specified by Technical Art Directors and directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
● Work with Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers to convert prototype content generation solutions into production content generation workflows.
● Stays Current with and consistently Exhibits a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry in Procedural content generation and workflows.
● Educate & Articulate concepts relating to Procedural and Parametric Content Generation to the rest of the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines & domains such as Art Direction, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
● Develop & communicate technical requirements for real-time game editor and game engine run-time procedural systems, workflows, & tools to serve game team product goals.
● Drive inclusion of new procedural content generation solutions, tools & workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, internal and external content team workflow roadmaps.
● Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game procedural content creation goals.
● Set technical standards and production processes to guide the TA and SE team's work and ensure that their work achieves the content goals while also meeting performance standards and best practices.
● Attend all planning and team meetings; Build user stories and generate time estimates for project planning. Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
● Expert in architecture of complex procedural content creation pipelines with a focus on artist/designer friendly workflows.
● Expert in creating parametric assets that can be manipulated in real-time with user friendly inputs and controls.
● Expert in procedural content creation applications such as Houdini and leveraging these within game editors and engines.
● Familiarity/Competency with the field of AI and Machine Learning and how these can be applied to procedural and parametric content production.
● Experience with utilizing and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
● Able to communicate and work together with Tools and Rendering SEs to drive technology and tool development.
● Able to work with artists and designers to determine tool and workflow requirements.
● Familiarity with in-game UGC workflows and UX.
● Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
● A strong proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, VEX, C#, C++
● Some experience in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows is highly desired. What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "/play hard" credo every day. More about our location:
http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eacCity: State: Community / Marketing Title:
Technical Artist - Procedural Workflows & Generation Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2020-02-25 18:32:21.013 EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Creative and Graphic Design