WSP is seeking a Team Lead, Water and Wastewater Treatment
for our Vancouver office. Reporting directly to the Director of Water and Wastewater, this exciting role entails overseeing a dedicated team and spearheading a diverse range of water and wastewater infrastructure projects across British Columbia. The successful candidate will collaboratively harness WSP's vast resources to deliver cutting-edge water and wastewater treatment and pumping solutions, fostering stronger, more resilient communities for our residents to thrive, work, and enjoy life.
At WSP, we take pride in our boundless resources, and as the successful candidate, you will have the unique opportunity to leverage these resources to deliver state-of-the-art water and wastewater treatment and pumping solutions. Your ingenuity and expertise will be instrumental in creating resilient communities that not only endure but thrive, providing a sustainable environment for people to flourish, work, and create lasting memories.
Our ideal candidate is not just a skilled professional but also an exceptional collaborator, working harmoniously with clients and internal stakeholders. Your adept project management skills will be put to the test as you steer projects towards success and foster a high-performing team that embraces diversity and inclusivity.
Join us in making a difference and be part of a team that is redefining the possibilities in water and wastewater infrastructure. Together, we will create a more sustainable and prosperous tomorrow for generations to come.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Manage and oversee all aspects of water and wastewater infrastructure projects, from planning and design to implementation and commissioning. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the highest quality standards.
- Provide effective leadership to a diverse team of professionals, including engineers, technicians, and support staff. Inspire and motivate the team to achieve project goals and foster a collaborative and inclusive work culture.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs, and ensuring their expectations are met or exceeded. Act as the primary point of contact for clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drive innovation and creativity in developing water and wastewater treatment and pumping solutions. Utilize WSP's extensive resources to find cutting-edge approaches that address complex challenges effectively.
- Manage project budgets, resource allocation, and financial performance. Optimize resource utilization and identify potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Identify potential risks and challenges associated with projects and develop proactive mitigation plans to address them effectively.
- Work closely with other departments and disciplines within WSP to ensure a holistic approach to project delivery. Foster cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, progress reports, and technical records. Present project updates and results to stakeholders and senior management.
- Bachelor's or master's Degree from an accredited University.
- Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Registration in good standing as Professional Engineer in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered;
- Boast a minimum of 5 years of extensive engineering experience in municipal water and wastewater treatment and pumping, encompassing planning, design, and successful commissioning of innovative projects
- Lead with a remarkable level of initiative, motivation, drive, energy, and unwavering enthusiasm to deliver unparalleled, high-quality services and adeptly manage a dynamic team.
- Be a natural team player, exhibiting an exceptional ability to collaborate and engage harmoniously with colleagues across all levels of the organization, fostering a cohesive and cohesive National Business environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to nurture the team's culture and uphold the organization's core values through effective leadership and a strong sense of purpose.
- Exhibit impeccable time management skills, coupled with a flair for strong organizational acumen, to ensure projects progress smoothly and efficiently.
- Actively contribute to maintaining a sustainable and thriving work environment, where diversity is celebrated, and positivity thrives.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.