Team Lead NetOps
Job ID GROP153 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
Global Relay is looking for a motivated and diligent lead for our Network and Firewall team (NetOps). The NetOps team is responsible for design, planning, scaling, and maintenance of our local and wide area networks, and our internal and external firewalls. The successful candidate will lead a small team in addition to being an individual contributor. They will provide people and technology leadership in the areas of networking and security including the planning and daily operation of the network and firewall components supporting our internal and SAAS infrastructures.
The NetOps lead will work closely with the rest of the IT team and our security specialists in our Security Operations Centre. Role Responsibilities:
- Provide IT architecture leadership in firewall and network design.
- Provide people and technical leadership for the NetOps team including performance management, one-on-ones, and setting team priorities.
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Global Relay's internal and external Firewalls as well as our LANs and WANs.
- Focus on continuous improvement in areas of system reliability, operational efficiency, and automation while accounting for the utmost in security standards.
- Supervise and execute daily operations, work requests and change requests for firewall and networking components.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of all network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN's, etc.)
- Work closely with the Operations and Development teams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all network, security and application related issues
- Work closely with the Development teams to understand application performance goals, gather requirements, and develop solutions
- Continuously maintain and improve network and security performance
- Assist in determining standards and roadmaps for hardware and software
- Analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation
- Manage network assessment documentation and preventative management
- Participate in security incident response activities
- Manage KPI reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a team lead role within an IT environment
- Experience designing and operating enterprise and/or SAAS grade networks and security infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking, layer 2 and 3 Protocols, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Excellent understanding of network and firewall architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be highly confidential and discrete
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured change management process would be considered an asset
- HP, Fortinet, and Linux certifications would be considered an asset
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.