Team Lead NetOps
Job ID GROP153 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world's top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more - with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 425 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
Global Relay is looking for a motivated and diligent lead for our Network and Firewall team (NetOps). The NetOps team is responsible for design, planning, scaling, and maintenance of our local and wide area networks, and our internal and external firewalls. The successful candidate will lead a small team in addition to being an individual contributor. They will provide people and technology leadership in the areas of networking and security including the planning and daily operation of the network and firewall components supporting our internal and SAAS infrastructures.
The NetOps lead will work closely with the rest of the IT team and our security specialists in our Security Operations Centre. Role Responsibilities:
- Provide IT architecture leadership in firewall and network design.
- Provide people and technical leadership for the NetOps team including performance management, one-on-ones, and setting team priorities.
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Global Relay's internal and external Firewalls as well as our LANs and WANs.
- Focus on continuous improvement in areas of system reliability, operational efficiency, and automation while accounting for the utmost in security standards.
- Supervise and execute daily operations, work requests and change requests for firewall and networking components.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of all network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN's, etc.)
- Work closely with the Operations and Development teams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all network, security and application related issues
- Work closely with the Development teams to understand application performance goals, gather requirements, and develop solutions
- Continuously maintain and improve network and security performance
- Assist in determining standards and roadmaps for hardware and software
- Analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation
- Manage network assessment documentation and preventative management
- Participate in security incident response activities
- Manage KPI reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a team lead role within an IT environment
- Experience designing and operating enterprise and/or SAAS grade networks and security infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking, layer 2 and 3 Protocols, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Excellent understanding of network and firewall architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be highly confidential and discrete
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured change management process would be considered an asset
- HP, Fortinet, and Linux certifications would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 12, 2017
Closes:January 3, 2018