The Team Lead
is responsible for providing day-to-day support to peer inside sales team members. This role supports the Inside Sales Manager in building and leading a team that will be responsible for the over-the-phone sales and service. This involves guiding the team in following best practices in sales process, monitoring and coaching reps to success and training and onboarding new team members. The Team Lead
will be responsible as an individual contributor as well as team lead responsibilities. This role will have reporting responsibility to the Manager, Inside Sales. Core Responsibilities
- Provide clear and concise direction, support and guidance to the team through effective mentoring and coaching.
- Answer ISR questions regarding best practices on how to handle difficult calls.
- Act as a role model to others while striving to achieve high standards of performance and customer service
- Promote positive team member relations and communication.
- Encourage team members to communicate ideas, discuss change in processes and business issues.
- When a process changes, The Team Lead will help team members, including tenured and new hires understands and implement the change
- Work closely with the supervisor to identify and implement changes to enhance the customer experience or improve operational efficiency.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on Kal Tire retail products and services.
- The Team Lead will participate in regular ISR activities, including sales calls and managing store interactions as an individual contributor.
- Lead weekly team meetings to build momentum, delivery pertinent updates to the team and address team issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-3 years Inside Sales/Telemarketing experience.
- 1-2 years team lead or manager experience.
- Preferred: 1 year as a sales rep within Kal Tire, with demonstrated success in role (or similar experience from like company).
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong customer focus.
- Solid planning and organizational skills.
- Results focused.
- Strong leadership skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong technical knowledge of passenger and light truck tires.
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines while under pressure.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Open availability to cover shifts during operational hours which will include early morning, evening and weekends
This position is based out of our Vernon office with a possibility to work remotely. About Kal Tire
- Previous call center experience/inside sales experience.
- Previous Kal Tire Store experience/knowledge.
- Additional language skills an asset (ie. French, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu).
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Sales and Marketing