When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Team Lead provides leadership to a larger group of staff working on projects or tasks of considerable scope and complexity. Undertakes complex technical or operational work and provides technical direction and guidance to staff. Team leadership typically consumes approximately 50% of the time, with the other 50% spent on operational or technical duties.
Key Leadership Responsibilities:
• Provides team leadership to a larger group of staff working on a diverse range of projects/tasks of considerable scope and complexity.
• Assists the Section Manager in planning projects and activities on a month-by-month basis
• Sets performance objectives of the team(s) and manages performance and quality of team results
• Establishes project schedules, allocates resources and ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
• Provides technical advice and direction to the team and ensures adherence to standards and practices
• Participates with the Section Manager in hiring and performance management decisions, conducts performance evaluations with staff and assists them in developing career objectives and learning plans
• Develops processes and procedures, and provides assistance to the Section Manager in the creation of policies, guidelines, standards and best practices for the functional area
• Prepares proposals for technical solutions for a variety of diverse and complex problems, reflecting costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs.
• Works closely with other team leads and managers in planning and undertaking the work and resolving related issues
• Organizes and gives technical presentations.
• Ensures a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of company goals and objectives and creates an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
• Maintains current knowledge of Central 1’s family of products, application functionality and the high level architecture of Central’s hosting environment
• Performs other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central’s business goals
• Mentors and provides technical advice and direction to more junior infrastructure staff
Key Technical Responsibilities:
• Help support, implement and manage a large scale enterprise network
• Able to work with cross platform technologies and make decisions based on best solutions for the business
• Oversee the provision / Provide Service Management Functions for the environment including:
• Ensure that all environments meet design specifications.
• Develop / assist with defining Monitoring and Alerting Strategy
• Drive incident management and resolution by identifying and removing the root cause
• Maintain vendor relationships with relevant software providers
• Develops standards, tools and best practices for the design, development and management of infrastructure systems and services
• Defines standard components of the IT infrastructure, and reassesses them on an annual basis to ensure they continue to meet business requirements
• Consult with project teams regarding deployments for assigned areas
• Provide third level support for any problems based on appropriate support model
• Design / Build virtual environments to meet the needs of the project teams
• 24/7 on call based on rotation
• Knowledge transfer and hand over to Support teams, including helpdesk
• Other duties as assigned
University degree/diploma in computer science or 10 years + relevant experience in a large scale IT environment
10+ years’ experience in IS industry. 2 Years in a leadership role.
The position requires ability to prioritize and set clear direction and expectations, keep team members focused on objectives, build excellent team relationships, take ownership of individual and team results, and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to delivering on commitments. Ability to think analytically and develop effective solutions to complex and diverse problems. Highly developed analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Excellent customer service, client management and team leadership skills. Ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment. Strong business acumen.
o Cisco router and switch IOS, 802.1Q VLAN, HSRP, configuration and support
o Cisco ASA/PIX firewall implementation, configuration and support
o Network traffic analysis and reporting (traffic capture, sniffer, tcpdump, ethereal, cricket, cacti, MRTG, smokeping etc.)
o Communication infrastructures, including VPN, ATM, frame relay, MPLS etc.
o DNS troubleshooting, server management and support
o Load balancing, including F5 BigIP technologies
o IDS/IPS network based intrusion detection and prevention systems
o SEIM Systems
o VPN IPSEC encryption methodologies and configuration
o Email (SMTP) Relay, configuration and support. Including AV scanning, TLS, and Anti SPAM
o Telephony systems configuration and support. Including setup and troubleshooting Cisco Call Manager, Unity, Presence and Meetingplace.
o Configuring network devices for voice technologies including QOS, PRI gateway configuration and support.
o Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
o Network design and maintenance best practices, and methodologies
o Datacenter facilities, including cabling, power, and air conditioning
o Able to support all major X86 based hardware (Eg Cisco UCS)
o Windows and or Linux systems administration experience
o Understanding of VMWARE and SAN technologies
o Datacenter management experience an asset
o Understanding of Symantec NetBackup
o Basic Project Management and/or IT operations management
o Experience with reporting tools and industry standards
o Ability to prioritize and manage own workload
o Good Communicator
o Excellent documentation skills including complex Visio diagrams
o Able to take ownership, analyze business impact and ensure seamless implementations
o Able to work independently with very little supervision
o Thorough understanding of ITIL and the Change Management Processes
o Project Budgeting and Estimating
o Risk and Problem Management
o Chairs technical meetings and build presentations regarding new directions for technologies
o Industry standard certifications in IS leadership
o ITIL 2 or 3 certification an advantage
o MCSE/RHCP/VCP certifications or equivalent experience an asset
o Combinations of Cisco CCNP, CCSP, CCVP or CCIE certifications
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Reporting to: Manager, Infrastructure
Date Posted: September 29, 2016
Internal Applicants must apply by: October 6, 2016
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting near...