Job Title: Teachers Kindergarten, Grade 5/6, High School
Reports To: School Principal
Benefits: Competitive benefit package includes housing and travel subsidies
Position Type: Full Time/School Year Term (Possibility of Extension)
Hours of Work: 35 hours/Week
Tsay Keh Dene School is looking for a motivated, adventurous Teachers who would like to join our dynamic and energetic team for a rewarding experience in a remote northern First Nation community. Tsay Keh Dene is a community with average population of about 200 people on the northern shore of the Williston Reservoir. The community is nestled in the scenic Rocky Mountain Trench, north of Prince George, BC and is accessible by a forest service road or by airplane. There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, hunting, fishing, camping among others. Tsay Keh Dene School has a total of 6 teaching staff and 57 students from K5 to Grade 10. The school provides competitive wages and benefits. Teachers are provided with professional development opportunities and subsidized accommodation throughout the contract term.
Google Map Link to Tsay Keh Dene:
Educational and Experience
• Post-Secondary Education / Bachelor Degree in Education
• Member of Teacher Regulation Branch (or working towards membership)
• Qualified to teach in Canada
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a Teacher is preferred.
• Special Education experience preferred.
• Proven ability to successfully work and interact with children, youth, parents / guardians, staff and visitors in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Strong morals and ethics, sound judgement and reasoning skills, along with a commitment to discretion and privacy.
• Strong verbal and written communication; and excellent interpersonal skills
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
• Criminal record check clearance
Must be adaptable, flexible and be willing to work closely in a collaborative teaching environment. Must be willing to live and work in a remote northern First Nation community.
To apply, please forward your resume with a cover letter to Director of Education and Training, Linnea Izony email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 250-562-8899
Closing for acceptance of Applications / Resumes: Open until the right candidate is hired.