At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
Working with the Tax Managers and Partners, our Technician provide estate administration and compliance-related tax services to our clients. You will be responsible for a variety of technical, administrative, and support functions, including working with the Partner in Charge and senior management to provide estate administration and compliance related tax services to our many clients. This is a client facing role where the ideal candidate demonstrates professionalism and diplomacy in a client-driven and fast-paced environment. There is a focus on estate work; dealing with executors and supporting them through the process of being an estate executor What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Administrative tasks such as preparing working paper files, creating & maintaining client files, and database input & maintenance
- Direct communication with executors to gather information, assist with estate administration files, preparing probate and estate documents
- Support Accountants in the preparation of income tax returns for personal and corporate clients during busy season
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules
- Follow-up on notices of assessments and reassessments and other matters with the tax authorities
- Provide support to team members in related tasks
Keys to your success:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in wills and estates planning and estate administration.
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
- Effective written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff and clients.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.