You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
This position provides the opportunity to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring analysis, assessment, and quantification. Special projects and research will ensure that you are kept up-to-date on current tax practices. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues, including assistance with structuring of domestic and international investments.
- Estate, trust planning.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns.
- Preparation of draft technical memo's to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letter to be reviewed by senior staff members.
- Preparation of income tax models.
- Reviewing corporate and personal tax returns.
- Reviewing tax provisions for our larger audit and non-audit clients.
- Interacting with clients and other team members.
- Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
- Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce with a specialization in accounting
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience with ideally a minimum of 2 to 3 years of tax experience
- Enrollment or completion of the CICA/CPA In-depth Tax program
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.