Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax Practice at Deloitte.What will your typical day look like?
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Your role as a Tax Analyst at Deloitte:
- Develop experience in a broad range of fully integrated tax services - an opportunity to try and specialize yourself in different tax services
- Assist clients in dealing with various tax authorities - develop your technical skills
- Identify opportunities to add value to our clients - a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead
- Interact and develop global and cross-service line relationships at every level - build a network that lasts a lifetime
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.About the team
You will be a part of the world's largest professional services network working to provide clients with the confidence to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment and to create the future of Tax & Legal. Good news for you. Tax & Legal is the most global of all Deloitte businesses and recognized as one of the leaders in our industry by the top reporting and ranking agencies and as one of the best places to work. Our Canadian Tax and Legal Practice includes over 1,300 professionals across the country. The Canadian Tax Practice include the following service lines: Business Tax, R&D and Government Incentives (Gi3), International Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Transfer Pricing, US Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Global Employer Services, Immigration Assignment Services and Deloitte Tax Law.
At Deloitte, your career path is flexible. You will support organizations of all sizes and in different industries to help them structure business transactions and perform better. Your role will provide you with a variety of experience in many aspects of the US Tax practice:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- US Tax: The US Tax practice is focused on providing advisory and compliance services US Tax Services for multi nationals (Canada, US). Many successful Canadian-based companies look to the U.S. for expansion. To minimize tax liabilities, ensure compliance, and take full advantage of cross-border opportunities, they need advice from experts who understand U.S. federal and state taxation laws and their interaction with Canadian tax principles.
You are someone who:
- Is working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Is a leader and takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Has superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- Has experience with MS office suite
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Application deadlines are: Vancouver: May 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped
is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite .
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production