is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER, CALGARY, EDMONTON, SASKATOON, WINNIPEG The Opportunity:
At WSP, we pride ourselves on being one of the best Talent Acquisition Teams in the world. We're a team where everyone has a voice, and a part to play, in shaping how we deliver the best talent to our clients to help deliver on our customer promise. We're a team that grows, thrives, and celebrates together. We support one another and we are always striving for ways to continue to grow, develop and exceed on our customer promise every day.
As part of a collaborative national and international team, you'll be joining a group of experienced professionals with extensive backgrounds in Talent Acquisition and Attraction. We work together to ensure that we are identifying, attracting and engaging with the best talent in the market and acting as Brand Ambassadors for WSP and our purpose: To future proof our cities and environments. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to creating and upholding a culture of inclusion and belonging.
• Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
• Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
• Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
• A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with great people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. We offer flexible work options.
#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You'll own the talent acquisition process end to end - from engaging with your clients to understand their needs to devising a search strategy, strategic sourcing, interviewing, negotiating and fulfilment;
• You'll engage with candidates 1:1 and present WSP's values and guiding principles, take the time to understand the candidate's motivations and ensure that they're looking for a long-term fit with WSP;
• You'll own the candidate experience, from first contact with an individual straight through to their offer acceptance - you will help guide them through the process and ensure that they have a positive and welcoming candidate experience;
• You'll engage with clients to advise, consult and strategize on challenging openings - presenting options and coaching them on what a best-in-class recruitment experience looks and feels like;
• You'll influence hiring leaders to participate fully in the recruitment process - helping WSP gain a competitive advantage in the process with engaged hiring leaders and a multi-pronged approach at Talent Acquisition;
• You'll execute on different search strategies beyond the traditional methods and continuously search for innovative and creative ways to identify and attract talent to WSP;
• You'll ensure process compliance is always followed, and act as a role model to others in the team;
• You'll proactively source for talent in unique places and act as a subject matter expert on recruitment matters;
• You'll maintain talent pools and pipelines of passive talent and build a robust network of prime talent relevant to your client group's expertise and specialties;
• You'll collaborate with your regional team and the broader Business Line specific colleagues as well as with the broader People & Culture team;
• You'll participate in regular alignment meetings with your regional lead and business leads to ensure client service is a focus and that we are able to meet our customer promise;
• You'll bring innovative ideas to the team to ensure that we continue to bring creative, best in class practices to Talent Acquisition. What you'll bring to WSP:
• 7 or more years of experience in a similar role - either in an agency or corporate setting;
• You have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience;
• You're deadline driven, self-directed and enjoy the challenges of recruiting in a technical environment with unique roles and many sub-specialties that are industry specific;
• You enjoy working in a dynamic environment where challenging the status quo is not only encouraged, but expected;
• You enjoy working autonomously with the support of a broader team to lean on for advice, counsel and help when needed;
• You have a customer-service mindset and enjoy delivering results for internal clients and providing a great experience for candidates while representing WSP and our values;
• You understand what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with competing priorities and high client expectations;
• You're resourceful, energetic and you take accountability for your desk - you dislike sitting still and like to take initiative and solve challenges with creativity and influence;
• Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset;
• You want to experience what it's like to work for one of the world's leading consulting firms - a Canadian success story we can all be proud of!
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/